Source of Informations

Forget Samsung – now Apple iPhone 7 catches fire in man’s car

Share
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

A surf instructor has claimed his new iPhone 7 exploded into flames inside his car.
Mat Jones, from Sydney, left his one-week-old phone underneath a pile of clothes in his car while he was taking a surf lesson.
When he returned, his car was filled with smoke and a pair of trousers he left inside the vehicle were ablaze.

Mr Jones grabbed the trousers and threw them onto the ground as smoke billowed out of the car.
‘As I look into my car you could not see inside the car. All the windows were just black,’ he told 7 News.
‘A big heatwave came out of the car.

‘Ash was coming from inside the pants. Once you unwrapped the pants, the phone was just melting inside of it.’
He shook the phone, which costs more than a $1,000 new, out of the burning clothes and filmed the smouldering remains of his handset.
‘Here’s the phone – total burnout,’ the surf instructor can be heard saying in the recording.

Samsung might not be the only big phone company facing problems with its flagship phone bursting into flames – after an ‘exploding’ iPhone 7 gutted a car in Australia.

An Australian driver returned to his car after a surf lesson – and found his iPhone smouldering, and the car filled with smoke.

Mat Jones claims that the iPhone was brand new – just seven days old – and that he had only used official accessories to charge it.

He also says that the device has not been knocked during the week he owned it.

Jones says he placed the phone under his clothes, and returned to the car to find it full of smoke.

Jones told 7 News, ‘Ash was just coming from inside the pants which then, once you unwrapped the pants, the phone was just melting inside of it.’

Apple says it is aware of the incident, and is investigating.

Source:dailymail.co.uk || uk.news

Comments

comments