4 senior TPLF junta leaders arrested
Action taken against 4 senior TPLF junta leaders
9 others also arrested
4 senior TPLF junta leaders arrested, 9 others also arrested arrested.
Four senior TPLF junta leaders were arrested, and nine others also reportedly arrested.
Brigadier General Tesfaye Ayalew, head of the Defense Forces Deployment Department, told ENA that action was taken against several people, including Seku Toure Getachew and Zeray Asgedom, and that Kidusan Nega and Dr. Solomon Kidane and others were arrested.
- Secuture, spokesperson for the Junta,
- Zeray Asgedom, former manager of Ethiopian Television and Director General of the Broadcasting Authority;
- Abebe Asgedom was the head of the TPLF;
- Brigadier General Tesfaye Ayalew, who was the head of the Regional Finance Bureau, along with his drivers and bodyguards, was destroyed in a coordinated operation by the heroic defense force, the federal security forces, the people of Tigray and the interim administration of the region, Brigadier General Tesfaye Ayalew told ENA.
In addition, 9 key members of the junta were arrested.
- Mrs. Kidusan Nega, former Speaker of the Regional
- Dr. Solomon Kidane, former Head of the Tigray Regional State Urban Development Bureau and Head of the Addis Ababa City Administration Transport Bureau;
- Mr. Teklewaini Assefa, former CEO of Marat.
- Ato Gebremedhin Tewolde was the head of the regional trade bureau.
- Ato Woldegiorgis Desta was the head of the regional road transport bureau.
- Ambassador Abadi Zemu is a former Ethiopian Ambassador to Sudan who joined the Junta political wing.
- Tewodros Hagos was the President of Meles Leadership Academy and the head of the Effort Board.
- Ms. Mercy Teklai was a Legal Adviser to the Regional Council and
- Berhane Adam Mohammed, the head of the region’s property and procurement process, was arrested.
According to Brigadier General, TPLF Junta officials were arrested during a search operation.
The Defense Forces thanks the entire Ethiopian people for their unwavering support for the elimination and arrest of these key members of the Junta.
He said the army was fulfilling its promise to hunt down the criminals.
Brigadier General Tesfaye assured that the Ethiopian Defense Forces will continue its efforts to hunt down and prosecute the remaining remnants of the junta.
He called on the people to continue their support and participation.